Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Q-Band Fitness Band





I have been one of those people who stand up in protest against the fitness trackers in the world.  I always felt if you needed a watch to tell you to be active you needed to get your priorities straight.  I am a very active person so getting to try out the Q-Band has been fun!  To be honest, I was skeptical at first with my bad attitude but I have completely changed after wearing this for the last week.

The Q-Band does so much more than just track your steps, functions I didn't even bother with because my phone was dying a slow horrible death and I couldn't sync the Q-Band to it because my phone wouldn't hold a charge... But, ALAS, I have a new phone now.  So with the Q-Band, you can get your calls, texts and app notifications on the go, so you always have them with you.  Once I can figure out how to get the app to sync with my new phone and my iPad I will try this feature out.



Ok so the obvious feature: step counter.  Seems to be fairly accurate.  My son says if I wear it on my right hand I would get more steps.  Cheater, now I know how he gets so many steps on his fitness band.  I work a desk job so it's been a nice challenge to myself and almost discouraging on Fridays when I don't teach spin class to see my numbers so low.  Speaking of spin class, since it will not register my steps while spinning, I attach my Q-Band to my cycle shoes and away we go! Some days I am not entirely sure it registers accurately when it comes to cycling but that's fine since it's a "step" counter not a "RPM" counter I expect it to be inaccurate.  I figure it's better than nothing.

My favorite feature is the silent alarm.  My husband just went to days and sometimes I have the habit of snoozing my 3am alarm and he's not all too happy about that when my alarm goes off 3-4 times at 3am.  The Q-Band doesn't let you snooze! It vibrates every 2 minutes until you get your booty out of bed! You can program 4 alarms and program them for certain days of the week.

There's also a nap function that you can set for a duration of time and the silent alarm will go off.  I have mine set for 30 minutes and it's perfect for those lunch time cat naps!



The Q-Band also measures the quality of sleep that you get.  It tells you when you were awake, the amount of light sleep, deep sleep and REM sleep that you got each night and it graphs it out hour by hour.  You can manually set it to sleep/wake or you can program it to sleep/wake at certain times.  It's been fun to see the sleep patterns that I have.

Battery life:  The Q-Band says you can use the fitness band for 10 days without charging it.  I am on day number 7 without charging it and I've been down 1 battery bar for the last day.  I plan on letting the charge wear down significantly to get a good feel for the true battery life on this.  After my initial battery test phase, I will begin to charge the Q-Band while I am showering.

I listed all the pro's so how about the con's, there are a few.
- Not water proof.  The band is sweat proof but cannot without the "jets" of water or being submerged.
- Cannot get it to sync with my New iPhone. (I'm trying to get that one figured out, but it should be simple)
- Switching between modes is difficult.  It sometimes won't move and it goes into whatever mode it gets stuck on which makes me very frustrated and is probably my biggest complaint!

All in all I love the Q-Band!


I received this product at a discounted rate in exchange for my unbiased and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment